Sunday, August 26, 2012

My life/summer

Originally this post was far better, but since I am an amateur blogger and lost it, I'll do a quick version of it...

Where I Live in Baltimore (Federal Hill)
This picture was actually taken in Canton and I thought the view of the marina/harbor was beautiful!

View from Federal Hill

A treat from the Orioles game 
(Courtesy of Zach)

My Bedroom
Love the exposed brick in our house. It really gives the place some charm and a homey feeling that you don't always get in the city.

Our Kitchen

Home Sweet Home 
Long Valley, NJ
Good old happy valley!
The house I grew up in and where my parents still live 
 

 Last year was my first year in 4th grade and boy was it a challenging one! Not only did I have to move into my new classroom and set up within the matter of days, but I also broke my ankle right around MSA time and had to get surgery! It was the most challenging 8-10 weeks of my life! Being on crutches while teaching is NOT fun!  Below you can see the pins and metal rod that will forever be in my ankle to hold it in place.




 Normally my summers are spent babysitting/nannying, however this summer the family I usually sit for didn't need me to.  I just adore the family and the twin boys, who are now in second grade, are just adorable!

Since I wasn't really working this summer, I had plenty of time to spend at the pool, the beach, spending time  with family and friends, reading, relaxing, SHOPPING, and preparing for school.

I kicked off the summer at my brother's Columbia Business School Graduation in NYC where he earned his MBA

The whole family except my sister Nikki who was still in school at UMD (yes all of us kids were/are Terps)!

Congrats to my brother and his amazing girlfriend Jess!

 Merritt Pool where I spent a lot of my summer 

A little summer project: buy patio furniture, plant flowers, and spruce up the back patio


I can't sit still so crafts were a must with all my extra time this summer

Sara, Leah, and I at our normal Thursday girls night.
During the school year I become a hermit, but I'm going to try really hard to have a little bit of a social life this year.

Sara's family has a beach house in Ocean City, MD so we took the boat out there a few times and I pretended to be the captain. 


My boyfriend Zach and I

Zach's family has a shore house in Lavallette, NJ so a lot of weekends during the summer were spent there.

Sonia, Catherine, and Christina 
(Zach's sweet nieces and sister in law)

Carter

Zach's nephew Grant on his birthday at the beach in Lavallette, NJ

Beautiful sunset in Lavallette

The girlies on the paddle board


Happy 4th of July!

Lucy's Ready!

A Philly visit for Jessica's Surprise Birthday Party
(Zach's sister and her friend Jenn)

Zach, Jess, Jason, and Keith - Sibling Love!

A trip to North Carolina with my entire family along with my aunts, uncles, and cousins on my dad's side was definitely one to remember!

My AMAZING family 
Mike, Nikki (I call her Pooky), Dad, me, and Mom
Nikki and I

My Aunt Toni who is an absolute angel!

And one with my Uncle Lou


Dad with his girls

Love my brother and sister!


My cousin Greg, my brother Mike, and my cousin Lou.
Oh and my Uncle Joe photo bombing


We went to my cousin's gym and the pool at the gym was unreal! Everything seems bigger and better in North Carolina

My cute cousins, Joseph and Marissa waiting patiently for adult swim to end 

And the obsession with my lil cousin begins! We became SO close during this trip.  I rarely get to see him and he just lights up my life. I literally spent the entire trip with him and on cloud 9. 


How can you not love that face?!


Is he not the most precious thing you've ever seen?



 I could just eat him up! Okay okay, I'm done.


All in all, it was a wonderful summer.  Not making/saving money over the summer is not a smart move considering living on a teacher's salary with my shopping addiction is not possible, however, I truly think I needed this type of summer after my crazy year last year.

I am more than excited and refreshed! Ready to start the school year strong!









No comments:

Post a Comment